Friday 5 December 2008

Change... The Green is gone...

Everyone has something that they're deeply attached to. An object. Most people atleast. A car is probably number one on most lists. Sportstars wear the same hats and underwear for games for luck. Michael Jordan has apparently kept his college shorts(that detail is true, not from Space Jam alone.. so There!!)... I have my own things. One thing, and most people from Chennai, my friends, people who know me, know this.
My green bag. I've had two actually. First a green sling bag which Rojin(for those who don't know, he's a good friend from college). He bought it for his sister. But my need for a bag was imperative. He gave it to me... Thanks man, if you read this. So it was a dark green Puma (imitation) sling bag. I carried it to college everyday.. I carried it outside when I went out. Even if its just one book. Always. Me without the green bag was non-existant. But it was imitation. And it was falling apart. Slowly... It started with the strap. Then the zipper... Then the bag cloth itself. Started coming apart. I spent more money than it was worth getting it fixed... So many times. There were strands of cloth hanging off. Christy offered more than once to have it repaired. It probably bothered a couple of people and unnerved a few others. "Why would Kunal carry that trash around..?"... I had it for over a year and it became kind of synonymous with me. However, I had to let it go. Eventually, I had to. I still have it. Its in a crappy shape and will probably hang on my wall later. I loved that bag. However, it gave way to something new.

I went for a Cognizant event in Chennai once. They were giving out bags. I got one. I was black and algae green. It succeeded the Puma. It was a backpack kinda thing. It probably has a specific name, but I dont know it. It was a good bag. Nice pouch in front and string things to wrap over my shoulders like a backpack. Now that lasted through life till two days ago. Unfortunately, its been a long time and its time to retire that beauty too... I'm officially done with that one too...

I dont know why. But these bags went everywhere that I did. And they became supremely important. Dont ask... Anyway. They're done. And its made way for a new black sling bag. Just got ot... So lets see how this goes...
Change sucks sometimes. But lets see where it goes...

2 comments:

Karthik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karthik said...

for me it's my car man....1090 learnt drivin in it(never put a scratch on it)although i wrecked my dad's car couple of times.....folks are plannin to sell it n take a new one.....ll tell the new owner to keep it safe and ll defnitely buy it back.....